Shalom Park Main Entrance Project - Final Phase
We are pleased to share that the City of Charlotte is ready to begin the final phase of the Shalom Park main entrance modifications. Construction will begin on Monday, May 14th at 9:00 AM
(approximately) and is scheduled to be completed on Friday, May 18th at 4:00 PM. During the construction period, the traffic lanes entering and leaving Shalom Park will be open and City of Charlotte provided personnel will direct traffic. FSP Security and maintenance will be monitoring the project to assist with alleviating Shalom Park issues that may arise.
When complete, there will be:
- An unobstructed right hand turn lane onto Providence Road
- A lighted handicapped crosswalk from one side of the entrance drive to the other
- A light controlled crosswalk from Shalom Park to the opposite side (west side) of Providence Road
- Efficient operation of the entrance traffic lights
Here's what is scheduled to occur next week. The construction activities and timeline are subject to change by the City of Charlotte.
- Monday – demolition of both sides (one at a time) of the entrance curbing and sidewalks
- Tuesday – concrete will be poured for new curbing and handicap sidewalk/ramps
- Wednesday – Friday – removal and reconstruction of a portion of the entrance island and installation of a handicapped cross walk and crossing lights
Thank you for your patience and understanding.