The Tennis Department offers a full-range of programs for all ages and skill levels. Looking to get in the game? It's not too late to get started!
We also organize special events to establish social connections and to help members get out and enjoy the beautiful new facilities. The Levine JCC is excited to announce the addition of our NEW 3 har-tru tennis courts. These courts utilize above ground water draining systems, and are often available even during cold weather.
Court reservations are included in your membership. Reservations are for MEMBERS ONLY and there is no additional charge. Reservations can be scheduled up to seven days in advance. To schedule, call 704 366-5007.
Winter Court Reminders
- On days when temperatures fall below freezing, it rains, or snows please contact the tennis office (704-944-6748) for court updates.
- When temperatures fall below 32 degrees for an extended period of time our clay courts may not be playable; the professional staff determines how long the courts will be closed for.
- Our Little Crushers, Pre Team Crush, and Pre-school tennis classes will be held in the gym (when available) if the temperatures are below 40 degrees or the wind chill is below freezing.
- All other classes/lessons are at the discretion of the pro-staff if the temperatures are below 39 degrees.
- Please remember to clean off tennis shoes before entering the main building. During the colder months the clay has a tendency to stick to shoes longer and may clog fitness equipment.
- We recommend bringing tennis shoes for the courts and separate shoes for the fitness area.
- No running shoes on the tennis courts. Colder weather softens the courts and running shoes will damage the surface; especially during the winter months.
- Winter court preparations begin early November; this includes rolling up wind screens, shutting off the water system to the courts, and taking out score cards and accessories.
Interested in knowing what we have to offer? Here's a brief snap shot:
LJCC TENNIS IS THE BEST IN CHARLOTTE!
For more information, please contact: