Hurricane Florence Important Information
Published Wednesday, September 12, 2018
By now you’ve probably seen the news that Hurricane Florence is barreling to the coast of North Carolina. A state of emergency has been declared for North Carolina. As of right now, Florence is currently expected to hit early Friday morning (September 14th) on the North Carolina coast. This could mean exceptionally heavy and prolonged rain, along with heavier than normal winds for Charlotte. Specifically it may result in up to 3-6” of rainfall (initially), severe flooding and power outages.
As always, the safety of our members, guests and staff is our number one priority. Based on the changing situation, the Levine JCC will be preparing for the most probable events over the next few days.
Levine JCC Facility:
- Power outages and safe access to Shalom Park are the two key pieces that will be the deciding factors on whether or not the Levine JCC facility is open for business. Please note that not all Shalom Park agencies will operate on the same schedule. If you utilize the services of other agencies, please check their communications for their operating hours and services.
- If we have power and the roads are safe for traveling the Levine JCC will be open.
- During open hours, we will provide as many services as possible for our members.
- Based on the changing situation, hours and services may change, so please continue to check for updates.
Levine JCC Communications:
- The Levine JCC will be monitoring the constantly changing weather situation.
- Updates will be made based on changes to our normal operations.
- ALL UPDATES will be available on the Levine JCC Facebook Page and website.
Applicable Emergency Links:
Stay safe and dry!
Levine JCC Staff