JTENNIS Facility Opening May 11th
To our JFAMILY,
The Levine JCC has always been and continues to be committed to your health, safety and well-being. Our decisions regarding when and how to resume our operations have been and continue to be based upon not only when we can legally do so, but most importantly, when we can responsibly do so. As such, the Levine JCC will begin a phased resumption of our programs, services, and facility access with our Tennis Department beginning Monday, May 11 for Singles Play and 1:1 Tennis Lessons Only. Our phased resumption of this service is based upon the guidelines and recommendations from the CDC, NCDHHS, USTA, and local officials.
ONLY ACTIVE Levine JCC Members will be permitted to make reservations for and engage in Singles Tennis Play and 1:1 Tennis Lessons. No guests will be allowed; no exceptions will be made. Play and lessons are limited to 2 (two) persons per court; there will be no exceptions to this condition. The USTA has made this recommendation and the County has also strongly emphasized this condition be implemented. It is anticipated doubles play will be allowed to resume sometime in the future.
We ask that you please read the below important information in its entirety.
Why is play by reservation only? Why are these policies more restrictive than prior to COVID 19?
Reservations allow the Levine JCC to maintain a record of every person playing tennis in the event we discover a player has contracted the COVID-19 virus. We will need to have adequate records to trace the interactions this player had with others, and the dates of those interactions, in order to be able to accurately report to NCDHHS. Your health and the Health of the Staff of the Levine JCC is our top priority. We will not waiver in our commitment to your health.
How do I reserve a tennis court?
Play will be by advance reservation only; no exceptions will be made. We will utilize our existing reservation system.
- Your LJCC membership must be active in order to make a reservation and play.
- At the time of reservation, you must know the players who will play; no changes will be able to be made upon arrival. i.e. if Bob and Sue reserve the court, Bob cannot show up and ask to play with John instead of Sue.
- There is no reservation by proxy. You can only make a reservation for you and one other member to play with one another.
- Reservations are limited to one hour per day, per member. Our JTennis facilities are limited and we appreciate your understanding that this enables the maximum number of members who are able to play. You may call day-of to check for last minute availability for a second reservation per day, space permitting.
- No doubles play is permitted at this time. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding that we will take membership action including but not limited to suspension or termination for Members who chose to engage in doubles play.
- No guests are permitted at this time.
When can I reserve a Tennis Court for play and/or schedule a 1:1 lesson with a LJCC Tennis Professional?
To make a reservation, please call 704.366.5007, beginning Friday, May 8th at 12:00pm for the following week. At which time, the normal reservation process will be in effect. An LJCC Customer Service Associate will be able to take your call during our JTennis hours of operation.
JTennis Hours of Operation: May 11 – May 31
Mondays – Thursdays: 7am – 7pm
Fridays: 7am – 5pm
Saturdays: 12pm – 7pm
Sundays: 7am – 7pm
Prior to opening on May 11th at 7:00am; reservations can be made during the following hours:
Friday, May 8: 12:00 – 5:00pm
Saturday, May 9: 12:00 – 7:00pm
Sunday, May 10: 7:00am – 7:00pm
How do I access the JTennis facilities?
- Players should arrive at the facility no more than 10 minutes before the time at which your court is reserved.
- All players MUST enter and exit the JTennis facilities through the Pool Checkpoint. Upon entry please follow the defined signage to access your court.
- Prior to entry you must strictly adhere to the following protocols:
- All players must sign a waiver prior to entering the facility (To fill out your waiver prior to arriving, click here for the adult waiver, click here for the minor waiver. The signature must be a physical signature; no e-signatures will be accepted).
- All players must have their temperature checked before you enter the JTennis facility. Players with a temperature over 100F will not be allowed to enter the facilities.
- All players must be able to successfully answer the four questions to be admitted to play.
- Have you or someone that lives in your household had any travel in a communal transportation vehicle – plane, train or cruise ship – within the past 14 days?
- Have you had any signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as a fever, couch, shortness of breath or sore throat?
- In the last 14 days have you had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, or who is under assessment for COVID-19, or has been ill with respiratory illness?
- Do you consider yourself as being in the high-risk category for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC? (Older adult with a serious chronic medical condition – heart disease, diabetes, lung disease)
How can I ensure for my health and safety?
Preparing to Play:
- Wash your hands with a disinfectant soap and water (for 20 seconds or longer), or use a hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available, before going to the court. If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve.
- Practice social distancing when you approach the Pool Checkpoint entrance, after you enter the facilities, and when engaged in play.
- Players are required to wear a mask when you arrive and when you leave; not during play. Wearing gloves are strongly recommended.
- Shared racquets are not permitted. Please bring your own water bottle or two; there are no water fountains available for refills. We have removed benches, score cards, and on-court trash cans. See below for tennis ball requirements:
- Each court must have two cans of tennis balls, clearly marked and visibly different (color variation, different numbered balls, marked with a large X, etc). Players will have to show these upon check in. If players don’t have two sets of clearly marked tennis balls, they will be required to purchase them at Checkpoint. Credit Card or Charge to Account only. No cash.
- Gates will be propped open, don’t close them. Please avoid touching gates and hand rails.
- Maintain social distancing at all times; including changing sides and during breaks.
- Do not make physical contact with the other player – no handshakes, high fives, etc
- Avoid touching your face after handling a tennis ball, racquet or other equipment.
- No sharing of food, drinks, or towels. (Bring your own towel or one will be provided for you at check-in.)
- Change sides of the court in a clockwise direction.
- If a ball from another court enters your court kick it or hit it with your racquet to get it to the other court.
- Serve only with your tennis balls (each player has a unique color / number / marking on their tennis balls)
- Grooming equipment has been removed. JTennis Staff will groom between reservations.
After playing, no congregating with other players, not even if social distancing is maintained. All players should leave the facility immediately after play.
Is there anything else I need to know?
- The Pro Shop is closed at this time. No racquet stringing or grip replacement services are available.
- There will be no access to locker rooms; only the single bathroom near the Tennis Office building will be available.
- Levine JCC staff will be required to observe all play and will help you follow our guidelines. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding that we will take membership action including but not limited to suspension or termination for Members for fail to comply.
- The Levine JCC will be following cleaning and sanitization protocol as given by the CDC and NCDHHS.
- All Levine JCC staff will have a brief health screening and temperature check prior to starting their workday each day. Each staff member will be wearing masks and will work hard to maintain social distancing of 6 feet from our members.
- Please remember to disinfect your equipment, including racquets and water bottles, at home after play.
We hope to have full member compliance with these protocols and policies thereby enabling us to resume additional portions of our services, programs and facility access in phases. The phased-in reopening of the Levine JCC is a fluid situation and I am sure there may be changes/modifications to procedures once we are resume portions of our operations. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding and we will continue to communicate with you in a timely manner as to any changes in procedure and as we embark on future phases of reopening. We will provide additional communication on plans for Phase 2 and Phase 3 in our weekly email on May 21st.
The Levine JCC staff is fully dedicated to ensure a smooth transition for our members on May 11th; please be kind and patient as we work together for a successful reopening.
We look forward to beginning to welcome you back to your Levine JCC!
Peter Blair Raizel Kahn
CEO President of the Board