Levine JCC Reopening Update - September 3
It’s been nearly 6 months since we suspended our normal operations and phased nearly every program and service to be offered outdoors or on-line through our JConnect virtual platform. During this time, we learned together how to create community in new ways, we supported each other and in return have only strengthened our JCommunity. I am pleased to announce that with the announcement earlier this week of Governor Cooper’s Phase 2.5, we are now able to safely reopen our indoor facility on Tuesday, September 8th. Please read the details below in its entirety for reopening dates and important information.
- David Silverman Fitness Center
- Online reservations are now open. Click here to make a reservation. Reservations are available during all open facility hours. Walk-ins are welcome.
- Once you enter through the check-in, masks must remain on until you reach your destination. During your workout, members are permitted to remove their mask to engage in strenuous exercise.
- Please click below to watch a sneak peek video at the modifications made so that you can enjoy “socially fitnessing” at your Levine JCC.
- Pilates will move indoors into the Downstairs Aerobics Studio. Advanced reservations are required.
- The Adult Lounge has been transformed into a complete private and relaxing area. All massages will now take place in the Adult Lounge.
- Pickleball will return to the Howard Levine Gym Monday through Friday – by advance reservation only. Advance reservations will open on Monday, September 7th. Click here to view the Fall 2020 Pickleball schedule.
- Adult and Outdoor Aquatics Locker rooms will OPEN!
- Members are asked to social distance when using the locker rooms. Bath Towel service will resume for those with lockers only. Any adult member who is utilizing any program will be permitted to use the locker rooms. Children are only permitted to use the outdoor aquatics locker rooms.
- Levine JCC Playground
- Open for members after 5:30pm on Monday – Thursday and during open hours Saturday and Sunday. All members must go the main lobby check-in prior to using the Playground. Please see check-in information below.
What’s Staying Outdoors:
- Group Exercise classes, Cycle classes & JFORCE
- Outdoor Weight Training
What’s Coming Soon?
- JClay and Ceramics Studio Access will return on Monday, September 14th and more info will be announced in the coming days
- Racquetball – more information coming soon
Reservations are available to active Levine JCC Members Only. If you are a non-member or are currently on freeze and would like to reactivate your membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reservations are available 7 days in advance for active Levine JCC Members Only. Make your reservation online at www.charlottejcc.org/register. To make an online reservation you must have login credentials. If you do not have credentials, please call 704.366.5007. Once logged in, switch to “list view” to easily locate your desired date and time. As reservations are limited, please do not be a “no show” for your reservation. You may cancel your reservation by logging into your account and clicking on Account Management -> Reservation Report.
If you have returned to the J in the past 6 months, you are familiar with our check-in and health screening process. For those returning for the first time, please ensure you bring a signed waiver and can answer the protocol questions. Waivers will be available at the check-in desk. Tennis and aquatics reservation check-ins will remain at the outdoor checkpoint. All other reservations will be at the main lobby check-in.
The Levine JCC will be following cleaning and sanitization protocol recommendations of the CDC and NCDHHS. All cleaning products used are on the COVID 19 disinfectant list and our frequency and intensity of cleaning has been increased with a focus on high touch points. All staff working the indoor fitness facility will be required to wear a mask at all times. For additional FAQs, click here.
Thank you for continuing your membership to the J. Our community, programs and services are thriving because of you and we can’t wait to welcome you back inside!